The prostate is the gland that produces and carries a major portion of the sperm and seminal fluid in a male body. Walnut shaped, the gland is located right below the bladder and usually starts to grow after puberty. The growth of the prostate gland never stops and in certain cases, starts causing problems at 40 years or above. And one potentially dangerous condition caused by this is prostate cancer.
The most common causes for its illness are: different infections, chronical inflammations of the bladder, urethra, irregular nutrition, excessive consuming of alcohol, soft drinks, hereditary factor etc. The most common forms of this disease are: benevolent enlargement of the gland, inflammation and cancer.
Symptoms of prostate disease (difficult urination, frequent nocturnal enuresis, weak stream of urine, constant need to urinate) appear in percentage of around 30% of male people older than 65 years of age. When people get older, the number of patients which suffer from prostate problems increase. Such problems are unpleasant and more expressed in late age of life. Its proper treatment always requires long-term period of time.
Home Remedies For Prostate
Eating raw pumpkin seeds has been considered as a very effective home remedy for prostate cancer. Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc that helps repair and strengthen the immune system. The diuretic properties of the seeds also help treat conditions like painful and difficult urination which are common side effects of prostate cancer.In addition to eating raw, pumpkin seeds, you can opt to make a tea with them. Crush the seeds, add some water to them and boil the mixture nicely for about 15 minutes. Let the tea cool, strain it and then drink a pint of it every day for quick results.
The tea of Bearberry (bear grape) is widely-known because of its good effects in case of enarged prostate and problems with each urinary organ.
Tomato is excellent natural cure because it contains good elements useful for keeping health of prostate; also it helps in the treatment of prostate cancer. Tomato used in this purposes need to be treated fresh and prepared for winter stores without added preservatives.
Eating soya and soya based products have been found to be beneficial for individuals suffering from prostate cancer. Soya is known to contain phytoestrogens that aid in limiting the production of the testosterone hormone which has been linked to prostate cancer in men (testosterone aggravates the growth of the cancerous cells).Soya is also known to inhibit the growth of the cancerous cells by creating a boundary around the capillaries that feed these cells, thereby inhibiting the blood supply to the tumors to a great extent. The nutritional quotient of soya also enriches the immune system and provides it with the strength to fight off the cancerous cells as well.
• It has been scientifically proven that presence of ample vitamin D can help in preventing the occurrence of prostate cancer. It not only prevents but also helps in curing prostate cancer.
• Fortified cereals and cold water fish are some of the best sources of vitamin D. Sufficient sunlight exposure can also assist in building up ample vitamin D in your body. Alternatively, you can resort to vitamin D3 supplements.
Green tea is a popular herb that has several curing properties. It also helps in recovering from prostate cancer.
• Green tea contains an active ingredient known as polyphenols that stop the growth and multiplication of cancerous cells. Polyphenols also have the potential to kill the existing cancer cells.
• In Japan where green tea is a staple drink the instances of prostate cancer are 67% less than that of America.
Omega3 Fatty Acids
Omega3 fatty acids are quite effective in inhibiting the growth of prostate cancer.
• Regular consumption of foodstuffs like flax seeds and fatty fishes that contain high levels of omega3 fatty acids can reduce the effect of prostate cancer.
• Fish oil supplements are also a good source of omega3 fatty acids.