However, using it regularly has hidden risks to your health. Often at times, food prepared with a microwave oven is considered unhealthy because it does not sufficiently kill harmful micro-organisms. Microwave ovens are potentially dangerous as they do produce radiation – this radiation is then absorbed into food stuffs. If you are the type of person who constantly uses a microwave oven, we have provided you several reasons as to why you should otherwise.
1. Food never tastes as good. No one can argue this one. Eating food is about more than fueling our body. If you’re going to take the time to eat a meal, a few extra minutes to make sure it’s a bit more enjoyable is time well spent.
2. Hot spots are dangerous. If you’ve ever tried to microwave soup or mashed potatoes, you know that microwaves do not heat food evenly. This can be dangerous, especially for little ones, and can even lead to steam explosions.
3. Microwaves give off radiation. Newer microwaves give off less thanks to safety standards, but low doses overtime still add up. Standing closer increases your risk,but the waves even travel through walls. It’s just not safe.
4. Your food loses valuable nutrients. Eating food raw is ideal for most food because that’s how you get the most nutrients. However, the process of cooking in a microwave messes with the molecules in our food, chemically altering vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants. It strips our food of its nutrients, and may also cause our food to become toxic to our bodies.
5. Microwaving paper or plastics leaches cancer-causing toxins into your food. This is something most of us know, but it’s important to remember, especially since many microwave meals are packaged in plastic.
6. The process of microwaving food creates by-products that are foreign to the human body and cannot be metabolized (broken down). So rather than provide you with fuel, microwaved food creates a negative energy drain on the body.
Microwaves Destroy Breast Milk And Vitamin B-12
• Heating up breast milk in the microwave can lead to an increase of growth in harmful bacteria.
• Breast milk heated at high temperatures is 18 times more likely to contain E coli.
• When you microwave foods like beef, pork, or milk, it leads to a 30-40 percent decrease in vitamin B-12. This significant loss of B-12 reduces the promotion of nerve, blood cell and DNA health in your body.
7. The effects of microwaved food by-products in the body are residual and cumulative over time.
8. Microwaves can alter the molecular structure of non-foods (containers, etc) causing them to leech harmful toxins.
9. Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of microwaved foods are reduced or altered so that at best, the human body gets little or no benefit. At worst, the body absorbs carcinogenic compounds.
10. When vegetables are cooked in microwave ovens, the minerals they contain are altered into cancerous free radicals.
11. Studies have shown that microwaved foods can cause cancerous growths or tumors in the stomach and intestines. This may be a contributor to the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in the US.
12. Microwaved foods can cause cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
13. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations, and can disrupt male and female hormone production.
14. Eating microwaved food can cause loss of memory and concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease in intelligence.
15. Over time, regularly eating microwaved foods can cause permanent brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain and de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue