The desire for sweets sometimes is stronger than us and we can not control it, so we end up with a few cookies eaten, excess calories and guilt that can not be muted even with exercise.
The good news is that sweet tooth we can satisfy with a healthy way , with a few cubes delicious dark chocolate. It is important to emphasize the dark , because consumers often make mistake when they think that it can be any chocolate. To enjoy the health benefits of chocolate, its composition should have a minimum of 70% cocoa.
Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Studies show that dark chocolate (not the sugary crap) can improve health and lower the risk of heart disease.
Dark chocolate can be part of a healthy and balanced diet if is consumed in moderation. Here's why:
- Alleviates cough. Several medical studies have shown that theobromine which is found in dark chocolate helps to soothe the cough.
- Lowers high blood pressure. Daily consumption of small amounts of dark chocolate can reduce the minimum to high blood pressure . German research has shown that the intake of 30 calories a day of dark chocolate reduces systolic pressure 3 mmHg, and diastolic by 2 mmHg. Researchers believe this is due to the lowering substances flavanols found in cocoa.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Dark chocolate is good for the cardiovascular system and brain . Antioxidants found in it reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Helps with high cholesterol. Dark chocolate, reduces the level of "bad" cholesterol, and increases the "good" cholesterol.
- Improves mood and reduces stress . Dark chocolate lowers levels of stress hormones and stimulates the creation of endorphins, strengthening the feeling of happiness and satisfaction.
- Rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are needed by the body because they successfully fight free radicals in the body and help in the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Simultaneously prevents aging process.
- It can be an ally in the fight against excess weight. The bitter taste of dark chocolate reduces appetite , unlike the lighter milk chocolate that additionally stimulates it. Several cubes dark chocolate will satisfy the daily requirement for sweet and thus easier to control the number of calories you eat in your diet.
Do not forget ... Dark chocolate is always a healthier choice than white. But dark chocolate is a calorie food that should be consumed limited. In 100 grams of dark or black chocolate there are about 550 calories.