The health benefits of this tropical fruit go far beyond its sweet tasteNot just the taste, papaya is an excellent source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C, flavonoids, vitamin B, folate, minerals, potassium, copper, magnesium and fibre. The fruit promotes good health and has abundant health benefits. . According to research, regular consumption of papaya can reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. In addition, papaya is highly beneficial for improving digestion and blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering blood pressure, and promoting wound healing.
THE AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS OF PAPAYAS
Surprisingly, papaya is abundant in vitamin C even though it isn’t a citrus fruit. In fact, papaya packs 144% of the recommended daily intake for this vitamin, which makes it extremely efficient in fighting infections and free radicals, due to the fact that vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.
This tropical fruit is also a rich source of vitamin A, which is particularly important for skin health and mucous membranes. In fact, vitamin A is most beneficial for improving and maintaining vision health, which makes it a powerful tool in fighting macular degeneration.
In addition, papaya packs high amounts of folate, fiber and potassium, which makes it extremely efficient in reducing high blood pressure. Potassium, on the other hand, can successfully control heart rate and even lower the risk of stroke.
Papayas are a rich source of flavonoids, including beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, and lutein, all of which are powerful antioxidants that successfully fight free radicals. As confirmed by many studies, beta-carotene can even protect against the onset of certain cancers, particularly mouth and lung cancers.
Last, but not least, papayas contain B-complex vitamins, including folate, riboflavin, thiamin, and pyridoxine, which are essential for proper body function as your body cannot produce them naturally. Regular consumption of papaya can supply your body with these vitamins thus supporting a proper break-down of nutrients.
Benefits of Papaya for Skin
Makes Skin Healthy
Papaya is packed with the healthy components which provide the glowing and healthy skin.
Removes Dead Skin Cells
• Papaya is a rich source of the Vitamin A as well as the Papain which has the property of removing the dead cells from skin and breaking down the inactive proteins.
Keeps Skin Hydrated
• Papaya has a low sodium quality feature which makes the skin hydrated through the little water retention.
Reduces Skin Inflammation
• Because of the presence of papain and chymopapain, papaya helps in reducing and healing the inflammation from burn areas.
Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Removes Spots from Skin
• Applying the paste of raw papaya for 25 min on the face reduces the pimples and removes the blemishes from the skin.
Makes Skin Shiny and Soft
• Regular use of papaya whether it is applied on the skin or eaten offers long lasting effect and makes the skin shiny, smooth, elastic and soft.
Removes Skin Stain
• It works as a natural skin exfoliator and helps in removing the skin stain.
• Papaya peel is also used on the face to reduce the ageing signs and wrinkles as well as for whitening the legs.
Treats Ringworm Patches
• Raw papaya helps to treat and reduce the inflammation of the ringworms by rubbing the small pieces of it on the ringworm patches.
Treats Sore and Cracked Heels
• Sore and cracked heels can be treated when its mashed pulp is used on it.
Treats Skin Ulcers
• It cures and heals the external wounds and chronic skin ulcers when applied on.
Provides Relief from Skin Diseases
• It provides relief from the skin diseases or loss of sensation over skin if the affected area is massaged with mixture of papaya seeds paste and sesame (til) oil (boiled and cooled). Applying milk of raw papaya also provides help in skin disease.
Benefits of Papaya for Hair
Provides Nourishment to Hair Shaft
• Whether it is eaten or applied on the hair it nourishes the hair shaft.
• Because of its rich nutrients availability it cures and prevents baldness as well as boost the growth and strength of hair.
Prevents from Dandruff and Hair Thinning
• It helps in removing and controlling the dandruff from the scalp and reduces the hair thinning.
Source of Healthy Nutrients
• As being the rich source of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes it helps in removing oil, dirt and chemical build up from hair.
Makes Dull Hair Shiny
• The extracts of the papaya leaf works as a good hair conditioner which provides shine to the dull hair.
Makes Hair Strong and Thick
• Using the papaya as a hair mask helps the hairs to be thick, strong and healthy.
Benefits of Papaya for Heart
Maintain Blood Pressure and Improves Alertness
• Papaya is a very good antidote for the hypertension. The availability of the potassium in it helps to maintain the blood pressure and improve mental alertness.
Reduces Risk of Heart Diseases
• Because of being packed with the nutrients it prevents the occurrence of heart diseases. It prevents the causes of strokes and heart attack by preventing the cholesterol oxidation. Papaya converts the substance homocysteine (which causes heart attack and stroke) into the risk-free amino acids.
Lowers Bad Cholesterol Level in Blood
• As it is rich source of fiber, it lowers down the bad cholesterol level in blood if consumed regularly.
Reduces Stress Level
• Regular consumption of papaya in little amount helps in reducing stress level throughout the day as it is rich source of vitamin C which keeps away from stress by regulating the flow of stress hormones thus protects from heart disorders.
Treats Heart Disorders
• It helps in treating heart disorders if raw papaya milk (10-20 drops) is taken with Batasha, consuming raw papaya kheer or drinking papaya leaves kada (boil papaya leaves into water with saunf, elaichi, black pepper, black salt) during sleeping time in night.