(1) close your eyes;
(2) focus your attention on the natural inhalation and exhalation of your breath without
(3) shift your breathing to inhale deeply through your nose;
(4)ensure that each deep breath fills your abdomen, causing it to expand'
(5)when exhaling, empty your abdomen of air; make it to flatten against your backbone;
(6) continue the same breathing for five to six more breaths;
(7) increase your inhalation until your breath expands your rib cage;
(8)exhale the air first from your rib cage followed by abdominal exhalation;
(9) repeat abdominal-to-rib cage breathing for five to six breaths;
(10) continue inhaling after filling your abdomen and the rib cage until the upper
chest area is filled with air;
(11) exhale in order, starting with upper chest, then rib cage, and finally
(12) continue three-part breathing for another 10 breaths.
This yoga practice focuses the attention, quiets the mind, and relaxes the body.