Most parents know that their kids are under continuous assault by corporate food advertising — but they feel frustrated by it, and even powerless against it.
This tips will help you to get your kids eating healthier :
1. Easy access. In order to get your kids to eat healthy, those foods need to be available.
2. In sight, in mind.Part of making nutritious food easily accessible is putting it in direct eye-sight.Put fruit in a bowl or basket in the middle of the kitchen table to remind everyone in the family to eat them.
3. Let Kids Decide if/when They Are Hungry.This is not to say, of course, that you shouldn’t set limits or that you should allow access to foods 24/7, but if a child is truly not hungry (or using this as an excuse to not eat healthy foods), don’t force the issue or resort to junk food just to get them to eat something. Kids are born with an amazing ability to know when they are hungry and when to stop eating when they aren’t hungry anymore.
4. Give Rewards Besides Food. This is an important step to take with kids. We reward everything from good grades to good behavior to birthdays with food of some kind, creating a feeling that eating certain foods is associated with being special or doing well.
5. Explain It To Them. If they ask, explain why the food is healthy and that making good eating choices is important for a healthy body
6. Make Home Cooking A Priority. This can be very difficult with all the commitments and activities we all have, but this will be one of the most rewarding things you can do for your family.
7.Be a Good Role Model. If you’re reaching for lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and low-fat dairy, your kids will likely take them too
8.Get the Kids Involved. Picking out fruits and vegetables at the farmers's market or let them watch you while you're cooking.